Spiritual Coaching Vol 2 #198 9 Million? http://www.dennymeyer.me
The goal this year for OCC was to have nine million boxes shipped. Could you help to make it ten million? The amazing thing about simple gifts is that they can change hearts and change perceptions around the world. Why does the world love and hate America? Because we remain the most generous country in the world and that influences freedom loving people everywhere. Some dictators and governments hate freedom. Freedom is what OCC is about. The freedom that we have in Christ is something that can still change the world.
WEDNESDAY: THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
- Children are very open to hear, understand, and accept the truth of the Gospel, especially before fifteen years of age.
- Some countries where shoe box gifts are distributed are not receptive to the message of Jesus Christ.
- Each box carries the potential to touch not only the child who receives it, but also their immediate family, extended family, and the community in which they live. This ripple effect opens doors of opportunity for many to hear and receive the life-changing message of God’s love.
- We have the privilege of bringing the Good News, but only God can bring about lasting transformation. This is His ministry, and He is the one to receive all glory and honor.
- PRAY that the shoe box gifts will be effective tools for reaching children, families, communities, and nations with the Good News of Jesus.
- PRAY that God will use the Gospel booklets offered during shoe box gift distributions. The Greatest Gift , now available in over 70 languages, contains illustrations and Biblical stories written in a simplified, engaging style that present the plan of salvation on a child’s level.
- PRAY for our OCC discipleship program, The Greatest Journey. Produced by Samaritan’s Purse, the 12-lesson Bible study course explores who Jesus is and what it means to follow Him. Graduates receive a personalized certificate and special New Testament. As they grow in their newfound faith, children pray for and introduce family members and friends to Jesus, and many lives are transformed. To learn more about this exciting resource, visit http://www.thegreatestjourney.org.
My word will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for
which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation. Mark 16:15
[The Gospel] is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ. Colossians 4: 2–3
“Greetings and thank you a lot for that kind gesture. We are the Evangelical-Baptist Church of Georgia. I want to tell you that many children’s lives have been changed due to your work and their dreams come true. We also thank you because we have reached a lot of families with the help of these gifts, and became friends and started to talk about living for God. Many thanks to God and each person who participates in this program.”
– Brother Zura, Georgia