Here we are in the middle of the week. Kids around the world have no idea what surprise awaits them when Operation Christmas Child rolls into their village. Joe made a whole box of sugar cookies for the volunteers and the boxes are arriving daily here at our collection center. Thanks to all who are helping. Look in your area to see whether there is a local church or collection center that will help you put together one of these boxes of blessings.
THURSDAY: SHOE BOX DONORS
- Shoe box gifts are packed by people from the United States and eight additional sending countries— Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, and Spain.
- Since Samaritan’s Purse adopted the project in 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered more than 94 million shoe box gifts in 130 countries. This represents a tremendous opportunity to join hands in partnership with individuals, families, schools, businesses and especially churches to proclaim the love of Christ.
- PRAY that those who have packed shoe box gifts this year will know the tremendous impact that God is having through their gifts and prayers.
- PRAY for God to use these gifts to communicate His love and care to children and their families in a tangible way.
- PRAY that God would provide all of the necessary resources to cover expenses of processing, shipment and delivery of shoe box gifts.
Remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9: 7
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!! 2 Corinthians 9:15
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights.
“In many churches in Macedonia the Operation Christmas Child project is the only children ministry project that is being used to reach non-believing children. It helps churches, and many others to organize evangelical events for children and their parents and to open doors of their churches to non-believers and present the Gospel.