FRIDAY: OCC VOLUNTEERS
- For every step in the journey of a shoe box gift, thousands of caring people play a vital role in offering a heart-warming and potentially life-changing experience to a needy child. Volunteer Area Teams work tirelessly to recruit, select, and train year-round volunteers to spread the impact of OCC and multiply opportunities for project participation. Prayer networks undergird OCC by regularly lifting ministry needs to the Lord. Over 44,000 collection volunteers receive shoe box gifts at over 3,300 local sites across the United States. More than 110,000 people volunteer at seven regional Processing Centers. All our volunteers make a God-sized difference!
- PRAY for singleness of heart and visible unity among volunteers serving at Collection Centers, Relay Centers, and Processing Centers.
- PRAY for the physical safety of workers at local collection sites as they lift cartons, load vehicles, and transport boxes.
- PRAY for spiritual strength and protection for volunteers during this pivotal time in the OCC season.
- PRAY for the many individuals and groups traveling to work at the Processing Centers.
- PRAY that OCC volunteers will have opportunities to share the purpose for their service and the love of Jesus with those who do not yet know Him.
- PRAY that the Lord will increase the number of volunteers needed to carry out the ministry of OCC.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the works of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life. The Lord will watch over your
coming and going, both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7–8
The harvest is so plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out
workers into his harvest field. Matthew 9:37–38
“Please receive my greetings of love in Jesus name. I am very happy for the gifts you have sent to the children. I am the pastor of a church in Uganda. My name is Pastor Paul. The gifts have paved the way for me to preach the Gospel to non-believers. People have acquired the interest in hearing the Gospel because they have realized that God can do good things for them. I pray that you continue with the same spirit. (Acts 20:35) May God bless you abundantly!
— Pastor Paul, Uganda