We have a lot of snow days around here most winters. Last year was unusually warm but this year it is a return to the weather people routinely say, “Expect three to five inches of lake effect snow by 6:00PM.” We reply to the television, radio, or the app on our smart phone, “Thank you. Thank you very much.” (That may be an exageration.) Making the best of it is what we all have to do sometimes. Like the Monday Blues – if that is what gets to you. In Matthew 5 Jesus says, “For (God) gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.” Snow too, I’m sure.
So how do you combat the snowshoe blues or the Monday moans? Try these:
• Listen to your favorite song and do a little dance to it.
• Find the extrovert in you – even if you are introverted act extroverted for awhile and you will find more energy and enthusiasm for the day.
• Count your blessing – I mean really count them. Write them down in a diary or journal.
• Call an old friend and talk to them, take them to lunch, or go visit an elderly person in the nursing home who can’t get out – they’ll love the visit and you will remember that you have the freedom to complain about the weather.
• Read some of my blogs. (Hope that made you smile.)
Enjoy Monday and every day this week because even the challenging days help us to grow if we are watching and learning. Follow my podcasts too if you’ve never checked them out: