Spiritual Coaching Vol 3 #17 Hug… http://www.dennymeyer.me
Happy Valentines Day!
Jesus said the greatest commandment was to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. Generally we don’t have trouble loving ourselves in selfish ways but what I hope you will think of today is loving yourself in healthy ways. As the day dawns think of ways to treat yourself well today. The first step in loving others is learning that you are loved and that you need to love yourself. I believe that when we love God fully we are released to love ourselves more completely and once we have learned to love ourselves we are equipped to love others as we were created.
1. Take time for a quiet prayer and reading – be thankful and count your blessings.
2. Be joyful and positive with others and send that energy out – you will see results.
3. Compliment people. When you do you will also feel better about yourself. Compliment yourself, too.
4. Eat good food today – avoid the junk – splurge on a really good piece of chocolate.
5. Take a nap if you can get it.
6. Don’t watch the news – it’s a downer most of the time.
7. Take a walk – get some fresh air – pray as you walk (but keep your eyes open).
8. Call someone today who likes you and who will be glad to hear from you.
9. Buy something for a food pantry and share what you have or check out a need for a local charity like a clothesline for kids that need shoes or clothes.
10. Be your own best Valentine even if no one buys you a card remember – God loves you beyond words – you are God’s favorite. He sent a love letter to you to remind you; be sure to read it.
11. sign up at http://www.dennymeyer.me to be a “follower” and get daily emails of the blog.
Be Well….Happy Valentines Day