I came across a quote the other day that I liked from George Bernard Shaw, “Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men’s imperfections, and conceal your own.” There is humor even in silence. There are many virtues to silence; it is a great stress buster.
- Silence provides ability for us to be able to learn because we are focusing.
- Silence provides clarity and a time to be quiet and listen to our innermost feelings.
- Silence provides an escape from the noise that bombard us and creates more stress.
- Silence provides time to think clearly and make sense of what we experience.
- Silence provides a gateway to where inspiration can be found.
Take some time in your schedule today to enjoy some silence. “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.” Psalm 62:5